A Brief Timeline

1949 – The Mission is founded by a group of businessmen

1953 – Building at 50 Hudson Ave is purchased, enabling the Mission to sleep people overnight for the first time

1982 – Board of Directors calls Perry Jones to be Executive Director

2000 – The Mission relocates to a larger facility at 259 South Pearl St in the South End of Albany

2003 – New Faith Program, a recovery program for women and their children, is established

2004 – Free Medical Clinic is added, offering care for the uninsured

2006 – New 2,400 sq. ft. clothing distribution center, Blessingdale’s is opened to the public

2012 – Construction on the first floor of apartments in the 50,000 sq. ft. Transitional Living Program (TLP) building is completed

2014Blessingdale’s moves to a bigger space in the TLP building and the Free Medical Clinic moves to the area vacated by the clothing center

2015 – 9-month New Life Program classroom and offices move to the TLP building
– 45 transitional living apartments for program graduates are finished
– A second 40,000 sq. ft. warehouse building is purchased next door to the TLP building – this will be a “New Home for Women”, where the New Faith Program for women & children will be moved

2016 – All 125 broken and boarded up windows in the new warehouse are replaced with brand new, custom, energy efficient windows