On Thursday, August 24th, the Mission will be holding its annual Backpack Giveaway Party for children in the Capital Region. It will be a fun afternoon for the whole family as all are welcome and will enjoy hot dogs, balloons, face painting, music and more! So get your friends, family, and/or church group together and start collecting!
(Children who need backpacks must be pre-registered – forms are at the front desk of the Rescue Mission)
All supplies need to be delivered to the Mission by August 18th.
Here is a list to get you started:
– Pens/pencils/crayons/colored pencils
– Pencil sharpeners/pencil cases
– Loose-leaf paper (wide-ruled)
– 3-ring binders (1-inch)
– Notebooks (marble/spiral)
– Pocket folders
– Glue sticks/bottles
– Rulers/erasers/scissors (round-tipped)